become a sponsor
Since 2018, Alabama Greek Picnic has provided Divine 9 members and their guests a weekend full of events, including an annual major service project.
Although staged in the beautiful state of Alabama, the Alabama Greek Picnic has become a favorite amongst members of Black Greek Lettered Organizations from across the nation.
96% Black/African American, 56% women 44% men, 86% ages 18-44
1,000 – 2,500 attendees
2023 projection, 10,000 attendees with similar demographics
Why Be Apart of Alabama Greek Picnic?
Alabama Greek Picnic is the primary fundraiser for Alabama Greek Foundation. Alabama Greek Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status.
The main goal of Alabama Greek Foundation is to provide underserved high school students the opportunity to visit and tour colleges and universities.
- We offer financial aid application assistance, ACT/SAT preparation, and mentor placement. The Alabama Greek Foundation also awards scholarships.
- Throughout the school year, we volunteer for various education based programs throughout the state, such as empowerment summits, after school programs, and Read Across America.
Alabama Greek Foundation Service Projects X Alabama Greek Picnic
• Food Drives • Financial Literacy Programs • Backpack Giveaways • Community Clean-ups •Voter Registration Drives •Covid Vaccinations •School Supply Drives • Be the Match: National
Marrow Donor Drives
Alabama Greek Picnic’s Impact on Birmingham
Direct economic impact has been made throughout the City of Birmingham and surrounding areas, particularly on hotel accommodations, restaurants and small businesses.
73% of attendees are visitors to the City of Birmingham
91% of guests are from throughout the Southeast USA
Many attendees travel from as far as New Jersey, Chicago, and Indianapolis.
Vending opportunities for small businesses (i.e. clothing, accessories, and food trucks, etc.)
- Averaging 20 vendors
- Discounts given to minority owned businesses
Partnership with local venues
- 604 Bar and Lounge
- Casanova Bar and Lounge
- Blu Onyx Nightlife Lounge
- M Compound
- Rock City Church
- The Rooftop at the Redmont
- Urban Smoke
- Luxe Ultra Lounge
- Sleek Bar and Grill
- Cantina Laredo
- 1st and 23rd
- Magnolia House
- Hotel Indigo
- The Kelly
Alabama Greek Picnic Sponsors
The City of Birmingham
Eleven86 Real Artesian Water
Jewish Community Center
L & O Greek Specialities
Birmingham Water Works
D Banks Poker
The Image Events
Miami Fusion Cafe
Various Greek alumni chapters
Nearby Greek Picnics
Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas, and Nashville are cities in close proximity that have annual Greek picnics.
According to their websites, attendance range from 5,000-350,000 generating $20,000-$25,000,000 in revenue.
With the proper backing and resources, the Alabama Greek Picnic has the potential to attract the same annual attention and revenue to the city of Birmingham and surrounding areas.